Today is George’s birthday. I’m feeling his absence a lot today. There’s this hollowness inside me I can’t fill. It’s almost like his death is very real today, which is odd because I know he’s not coming back. But I can’t explain it. I feel very off and sad. This morning I watched a video we had made when we used to blog, and it made me so happy to hear his voice, and see him smile. But then it’s gone. I have to search for it if I want to hear it. I allowed my mind to float back in time to when we grabbed a cab to his birthday party in K-town. We had just started dating and it was carefree, wonderful, and fleeting. I was embarrassed by the age difference, but I couldn’t get enough of him. I miss his sense of humor, I miss his lightheartedness, I miss his laughter, I miss his sense of calmness through all the chaos. I miss him so much. But I’m so thankful I got to be with him.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Countdown to my wedding
- How Do Half Marathons Parallel Widowhood?
- Progressive Overload
- Great article on AR-15 ownership in America
- Don't Pay Someone to Count Your Macronutrients
- Discovering Your Inner Widow Warrior
- Why Doesn't My Loss Affect Others?
- Balancing Military Girlfriend and Widowhood
- Runner's World Never Mentions Marathon Training During Alabama Summer Months Can Trigger Grief
- Throw a Punch like Manny Pacquiao at Any Age: Start Adding Boxing into Your Weekly Fitness Routine for Improved Health and Muscular Endurance